On Jan. 1, 2014, the federal government’s new Affordable Care Act WENT into effect.This requires every person (from babies to senior citizens) in our country to obtain health insurance with only a few exceptions allowed. There are over 76,000 residents in Nueces County who are currently uninsured and need coverage. Heavin & Associates Insurance Agency is here to help you understand your options, how much they will cost, if you qualify to receive financial assistance to pay your premiums, help you select the plan that’s right for you and your family, and help you register and enroll.
You make the decisions, and we listen to your needs. We do all of the work for you based on your wants and needs so you get the coverage you want at a price you can afford!
Will Heavin, President of Heavin & Associates interview on Obamacare on KRIS-TV
Open Enrollment is happening now and we are here to help you!
Check out KZTV's first interview with Will Heavin
See the newest information from Heavin & Associates for Corpus Christi employers!
Check out KRIS TV interview with Will Heavin
KRIS TV Interviews Will Heavin on Extension of Enrollment Period for Obamacare
Please register here to download this Valuable Resource Guide FREE!
HEAVIN & ASSOCIATES INSURANCE IS ONE PLACE IN NUECES COUNTY WHERE YOU CAN GET QUICK INSURANCE HELP FROM EXPERTS.
OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIODS (OEP) FOR 2017:
- • Apply between Nov. 1 and Dec. 15, 2016 and your coverage is effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- • Apply between Dec. 16 and Jan. 15, 2017 and your coverage is effective Feb 1, 2017.
- • Apply between Jan. 16 and Jan. 31, 2017 and your coverage is effective March 1, 2017.
If you do not apply between November 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017, you may not enroll for insurance under the Affordable Care Act until 2018, unless you have a qualifying event.
A 60 day Special Enrollment Period applies to individuals with a life event involving a change in family status, including:
- Marriage or entry into a domestic partnership
- Divorce (and loss of health insurance)
- Birth of a child
- Adoption of a child, receiving a child into foster care, or placing a child in adoption or in a foster home
- Death of a family member
A Special Enrollment Period may also apply if you or a family member:
- Loses insurance due to a change in employment (or a spouse’s employment)
- Moves outside his or her health plan’s coverage area (moving to a different county)
- Has a change in income (making him or her eligible or ineligible for ACA premium assistance)
- Becomes a new citizen or a natural or lawfully present individual
- Is released from prison or detention
- Being denied Medicaid or Chip coverage
Are you ready to sign up for a new health insurance plan or renew your current one?
Download this easy checklist to help you gather the documents you'll need to have ready when you apply for coverage.
Click Here to see our latest TV commercial on the Affordable Care Act